Experienced Line Cook Career Opportunity
This is about you! Your passion, purpose, potential and the drive to excel as part of a Rockstar Team environment and lifestyle of Okanagan living in the heart of the Shuswap. As part of our team, you can expect intensity, excitement, and energy only felt as being part of a larger family Business environment.
In your role as a Line Cook, you are responsible for the execution of menu items to maintain a memorable guest experience with an executive Golf Course. Your experience as taught you to operate with consistency and precision while utilizing prep and cooking methods for a quick and distinct execution of our menu items. As part of this role, you will follow specifications provided by our Chefs and uphold the quality of products, while adhering a clean workstation and safe environment.
If this is a role you wish to learn, we want to meet you. Your only trait will be a desire to learn and a willingness to master your craft with the opportunity to advance in level of responsibility. You have integrity and do what you say and can be relied on to maintain assigned schedule being a key part of the team.
At Shuswap Lake Golf you can expect Competitive compensation with perks such as Employee discounts to all retail items within our Pro-shop. Annual Golf membership and discount to your guest. No charge access to our driving range facility and tips from our Golf Professional. Meal discounts while on and off shift. Health care Benefit package, and opportunity for a loyalty bonus and regular staff recognition awards.
We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Shuswap Lake Golf, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities within the Golf Course Restaurant will be contacted to participate further in this recruitment process.
Bring your culinary skills and enjoy the beauty of the Shuswap!! Either email us a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Cook/Line Cook Position” or come in and drop one off in person at Duffer’s Grill & Lounge. Please ask to speak with Karyn, Ben or Todd.
Shuswap Lake Golf Club is accepting applications for the position of Gardener. Shuswap Lake Golf Club is an 18 hole, Par 72 Championship Golf Course located in Blind Bay, B.C., 20 minutes west of Salmon Arm and 5 minutes east of Sorrento.
Overview: With over 20 “gardens” to maintain, the successful candidate will be responsible for and not limited to the following:
- Planting of annual and perennial plants
- Planting and maintaining new and established trees
- Deadheading and pruning of a variety of plants
- Fertilizing and controlling pests in garden beds
- Weeding, cultivating and amending the soil
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the garden areas
- Contributing to the creative design and execution of the garden areas
- Utilizing equipment – string trimmer, rototiller, hedger, pruners, loader, utility vehicle
- Working independently with occasional team work
- Projecting a professional image at all times through appearance and conduct
Qualifications: Preference will be given to those who have plant knowledge and experience however we will consider all levels of horticulture experience.
Compensation: Compensation will be discussed during interview and will depend on knowledge and experience.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week from April to October. Hours and days may vary due to weather and demand. Early morning starts.
Privileges: Golf privileges, discounts in Proshop and Clubhouse.
Contact: Jenn Rozek
Duffer’s Grill & Lounge is looking for Prep Cooks!! We’re looking to fill 2 Year Round, Full-Time positions. The ideal candidate(s) would be:
- Knowledgeable of health and safety rules in a kitchen.
- Knowledgeable of basic cooking techniques.
- Experienced in time management.
- Clean and organized.
- Attentive to detail.
- A strong communicator.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Up to date with Food Safe Certification.
Duties would include but are not limited to:
- Performing routine kitchen tasks.
- Following the prep list created to plan duties.
- Labeling and stocking all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Measuring ingredients to be used in cooking.
- Preparing the cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, and other meal prep.
- Ensuring that all food and other items are stored properly.
- Complying with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Maintaining cleanliness and complying with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage.
We’re looking for motivated, organized, and energetic people to fill these positions. Either email us a resume to email@example.com with the subject “Prep Cook” or come in and drop one off in person at Duffer’s Grill & Lounge or our Pro Shop. Please ask to speak with Karyn, Ben or Todd.
Duffer’s Grill & Lounge is currently looking for Server(s) to join our team! This would be a Full Time or Part Time positions(s) as we are open all year round.
Job duties would include but are not limited to:
• Serving guests with food and beverages in a positive and friendly manner.
• Presenting ordered choices in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Maintaining dining ambiance with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Protecting establishment and guests by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
• Transmitting orders to bar and kitchen by recording guests’ choices and identifying guests’ special dietary needs and special requests.
• Serving orders by picking up and delivering guests’ choices from bar and kitchen and delivering accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
The ideal candidate(s) would be:
• A good communicator.
• A team player.
• Previously experienced in the food and beverage industry
• Up to date with Serving it Right certification.
• Experienced in bartending. This is considered and asset but not necessary-we will train the right individual!
Either email us a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Server” or come in and drop one off in person at Duffer’s Grill & Lounge or our Pro Shop. Please ask to speak with Karyn, Ben or Todd.
Other Positions Available
Also hiring for Kitchen Stewards & Food Runners!